๐ŸŽƒMinimal Halloween Decorations ๐ŸŽƒ

I may be a minimalist, but that doesn't mean I can't be festive! I'm a sucker for any and every holiday, no joke. Even though I'm single, I love celebrating Valentine's Day. Is that weird? Maybe. The point is I will not waste an opportunity to be festive. That goes for Halloween as well. Every Halloween season, I do as much as I can to get into the Halloween spirit and this year I mean it when I say I'm going all out. And COVID is not getting in the way. One way I love to celebrate is by decorating! There's something so satisfying about setting aside a few decorations and then bringing them out when the holidays come around. I don't need to have the scariest and the coolest decorations out there to have a good time; and I know there are some spooky, festive decorations at Michael's and Target every year. Those are fun, but I have a few that I enjoy and that will last long. 

If you too want to get into the Halloween spirit and are in the market for some decorations, consider making them yourself! What better way to be festive?! Look around your home for anything that you could use and as a last resort, purchase some materials (secondhand if you can). But I always recommend using what you already have. There's nothing enjoyable about going to a store and buying generic decorations. Frankly it feels more like a chore than something you might look forward to. Making your own decorations is something you are choosing to do and you will have more fun and value your decorations so much more. Awaken your creativity with the Halloween spirit!

Objects aren't the only way to partake in Halloween. No way! I have so many other plans. I'm reading Dracula by Bram Stoker; there is nothing better than curling up on the couch on an Autumn evening and reading a book. What better book to start with than the novel that opened the door to vampire fiction and other spooky genres? I would also like to get to Kill Creek by Scott Thomas. It's about an author who is invited to a haunted house on Halloween night, but he soon realizes it's not the haunted house he thought it would be. I'm so pumped! I feel Halloweeny just talking about it!

I also love a good movie for this time of year. This is the one time I'll allow myself to watch a horror movie. I don't have any movies on the list yet, but I'm sure I'll find one. Aside from horror, I like watching spooky Halloween movies. Of course I'll be watching Hotel Transylvania. I mean, how could I not? I also love watching DreamWorks' Spooky Swamp Stories. A Halloween tradition of mine is to watch the Halloween episode of Spongebob every year. I kid you not; I've been watching it since my freshman year of high school I think.

I'd love to hear your plans for this Halloween season, especially with COVID floating around. You are never too young to celebrate.

Getting into the Halloween spirit doesn't just mean having the best decorations, it also means getting out there and getting spooked! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป

Comments

Popular Posts