If You're Hungry and Find Yourself in New York City...

I understand its been quite sometime since I've interacted with you all. Please excuse me. I would have liked to write this earlier, but sometimes, life hits you with a whole bunch of "I have no motivation to do anything because it's winter vacation."
The first few days of my vacation began with a trip to New York. At this point I've been excessively drilling this into your head. Apologies. Many of you might know that I am a vegan. So how does one find vegan cuisine in a land of commercial American food? Excellent question. I have two restaurant recommendations you can use when you find yourself in the New York area. Its a short list, but I assure you you will never become bored of these choices. This post will be short and sweet so if you have any requests for posts, please comment at your own will!
The first restaurant I would recommend is called By Chloe. This restaurant opened in New York and has moved to different parts of New England. So I can enjoy this place even in Boston! The food here is sooo delicious. The place sells beyond salads and smoothies; it has meatball subs, burgers, mac and cheese, and baked treats. Probably my favorite part about this restaurant is the grab & go section. It doesn't have frozen veggie wraps and sandwiches. It has fresh juices, soba noodles, and my personal favorite..... young coconuts! I don't think I've ever enjoyed coconut water this much before. I usually have it in a juice box or something of that sort. But drinking the water out of the coconut...is to live for. You just take a coconut from the shelf and they open it for you. Also this establishment doesn't use plastic straws; it does use paper, but I suppose that is a step up since paper can actually be recycled.
It may seem like I'm the only one who goes to this place along with a whole other bunch of vegans, but I've seen police officers and families eat here. We can never find a place to sit. This restaurant is such a gem that in the entirety of our four day trip, we ate at this restaurant THREE times! That has never happened before.
Among one of my favorite baked treats is the infamous espresso cookie. Tell me you don't want to try it! It is the perfect combination of coffee flavor, chocolate, and sugar. As someone who definitively has a sweet tooth, this is my go-to dessert when at this restaurant.
The second restaurant I would recommend is called Blossom Du Jour; a more local establishment. I ordered a mac and cheese here and I have to admit, I felt a bit nostalgic. I kid you not. The restaurant is a bit small, but brings attention to the paintings pasted all over the place. Many of them are messages much of the vegan community voices.

I love this artwork. I would gladly have someone paint pictures like this all over my dream home.
These are my recommended restaurants! One of them is a chain restaurant, while the other is simply local to the New York area. Both of these places have a diverse groups of people working and they happen to be really nice. 

And that is my overview! I hope you try these out and give these places a chance. Stay awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts