I Saw Frozen on Broadway!

Hello my beautiful subjects! Hope you've all had a splendid day and if not, well tomorrow is another day! In my last post I discussed my family's New York trip. "Fantastical" trip I put it. But what made this trip so fantastical was watching the production of Frozen on Broadway! I would say I recommend it to everyone, but you can say that about really any show on Broadway.
Where to begin? The theatre was so whimsical and ornamented with paintings of instruments and angels. Watching this production was also the first time I realized how many lights are needed for a show. Wowza! There are lights above the stage, on the side of the stage, below the main part of the house, lined over the higher seats (I forget the name of them). When you watch the show the lighting seems effortless and looks like only one big light is necessary but NO! I think I counted about five rows of lights placed all over the theatre. When we walked into the theatre the stage had a screen showing an aurora that was slowly changing. It made me feel like I was being transported to another land (I warned you about these cringe moments!). But it also made me wish I had worn nicer clothes. Such a nice set with brilliant performers makes you wish you yourself looked better.

This was such a great show to watch during the holidays. I would classify Frozen as a holiday movie. You know? In the spirit of the holidays...
I don't want to get into too too much detail because then there is no point in you seeing the production if I thoroughly describe every moment in the show. You know? It even rhymes! I just want to say the set was quite awing and there were handfuls of jokes for everyone to enjoy. Singers? Fabulous. Ensemble? Fabulous. Everything was simply divine. There really isn't much to say. But a distinct highlight of the show was the introduction where we were told not to sing along! I certainly couldn't help but mouth the words as they were sung. Otherwise it's impossible. Whether or not you love or dislike Frozen, if you know the lyrics, mouthing the words is inevitable. You can't escape it. So embrace it!
The Production Next Door (Only one of the oldest production on Broadway)

After watching the production, my ambition to act finally emerged, as it had, like my love and regard for the environment, been asleep. We walked along the Broadway street where Kinky Boots, The Book of Mormon, and The Phantom of the Opera played. If you're interested in watching Kinky Boots, book those tickets soon because the show will be ending in April! I hope I can see it at least once in my lifetime. Just like I hope to see The Lion King, The Book of Mormon, Sweeney Todd, Something Rotten, Hamlet (not to be confused with Hamilton), Wicked, The Phantom of the Opera, Anastasia, and Chicago at least once in my life. 
Seeing these musicals is more of a motivator than anything else to act because you have the power to move somebody, affect them. Seeing someone cry in a theatre just shows how great an actress or actor is in connecting with the audience and affecting them. I would love to have the ability to do that. 











Comments

Popular Posts