Return Of The Missing Blogger

I cannot believe it's been nearly a year since the last time I've blogged. Even more, I can't believe how much has happened in that time. A few nights ago, I was tossing and turning in my bed, overwhelmed with emotions, feeling eager to rejuvenate this hobby and use my voice. Ugh, it feels so good to be back! My blogging muscle is a little limp and flabby so bare with me. I'm to going [try] to keep this post short and sweet. Here's the quick news bit: uh, I went through a minimalism phase, I was obsessive about the environment, I wanted to take a gap year, I graduated high school, I will be attending college in the fall, and I will be majoring in theater. Unfortunately I wasn't able to blog during the entirety of my senior year. In retrospect, I definitely could have blogged more. I recall having very conflicting thoughts about certain topics (can I be any more vague?) and feeling so lost and blogging would have helped me work through that. 


Since the coronavirus came to America, my senior year was cut short. I took up learning French and exercising earlier on in quarantine, finally finding the time to care about my health. I dabbled in arts and crafts, made a few pieces. Now I've kind of abandoned French, but don't want to forget it entirely. My grandfather is rigorously studying Sanskrit, which, not gonna lie, is kinda motivating me. I've been practicing ballet. And finally getting educated on black history after sweeping it under the rug; learning more about the criminal justice system, Marsha P. Johnson (my queen), and how the murders of innocent black people by police are not just a series of isolated incidents committed by bad apples. These murders were caused by racist police in a racist system.

random woods photo
random woods photo 🌳
I don't want to continue to bore you with all the details of an entire year, so I'll leave it at that and begin writing more content. Gosh I miss this. There is so much to write about. And now is the time to write more than ever. 


Comments

Popular Posts